Friday, April 20, 2012

Navigating the waves of 'social media' is quite a challenge. I've realized that self-promotion is essential in order to generate interest in my work, and I've mulled how to use the various sites effectively. 

First of all, I decided to move The Swap to a webcomic hosting site, which will surely get more eyeballs on it, and perhaps lead people back here. This blog will continue to serve as a platform for musings on comics in general, as well as showcasing behind-the-scenes art and concepts. 

News of my self-publishing efforts will appear on Facebook. Although I've been busy with work this year, I still cling to the hopes of having my concepts see the light of day. Perhaps if I can build solid momentum with the proper use of social media, it'll be easier to get my projects on the move.
I have a Twitter account, but wonder if it's that useful; it seems that tweets can easily be tuned out amidst the tidal wave of comments throughout a given day. Regardless, we'll see how it goes.

I feel energized by this renewed focus; using these sites properly is certainly key, I just have to find the time to maintain everything!

Next week: From thumbnail to inks

No comments:

Post a Comment